Thursday, December 27, 2007

Day 27 - Challenges

photo by ozp961tk

I chose this post for today because it is around the same time I ended my last juice feast in May and that fact is in the back of my mind. I realize it's important not to let the ego participate in this juice feast, but reality says otherwise.

My ego, let's call her Francesca (a favorite name of mine), is still pouting because she didn't "go the distance" in May. As much as I try, I can't ignore that Francesca is just a spoiled child who wants her way and she is willing to do anything to make sure that she goes to the 92-day "mark" at all costs. The reason?: To save face, to reach her goal, just because, etc.

She a part of me and I have to honor that she exists and move forward from there.

Having said that, Francesca doesn't rule me, I can't give her total control. The other aspects of me know that if I lose too much weight, or another complication arises or if I start to feel true interest in solid foods, it's time to move on to solids, whenever that is.

Fortunately, I have not reached that point. I'm still loving the experience. I have an abundance of energy and I'm feeling remarkable with each day.

I survived the Christmas dinner (and the leftovers) which wasn't the easiest thing to do.
I prepared 25% of the meals that others ate. All the dishes were cooked (which I wasn't too thrilled about). I prepared it without tasting anything. There were plenty of people around to act as taste testers.

I'm not going to lie, it was frustrating. It has been frustrating being on this juice feast while others around me are eating food and not only eating food but eating things I feel aren't nutritionally sound. *The way I figure the food will always be there. This experience isn't the easy thing to achieve when you live around folks who aren't on the same page with you. *

Fortunately, I haven't (and won't) give into my frustration.

HANDY JUICE FEASTING TIPS
Drink more water - dehydration can be mistaken for hunger, I drank a quart or so of water and I was fine.

Support from family - My husband may be eating crap but he knows enough about the raw lifestyle (and juice feasting) to know that I'm working toward optimal health and that it's important to me to stay on that path and he's behind me 110%.

Hobby - I picked up my crochet hook and yarn and made dish towels. They're quick and easy.

Goals - Early on I wrote down why I wanted to complete a 92-day juice feast and when I felt my well-power faltering I read that statement as a reminder.

Drink more green juice - Listening to my body is important. If I am truly hungry, there's nothing wrong with drinking more juices, especially green.

*Sidebar- This holiday experience has made me think how I want to eat after this is over, I'll save that post for another day.


photo by rob_visual

WHAT I CONSUMED TODAY:
1 quart lemon water with MSM
1 quart cilantro/green beans/cucumber/carrot/hemp oil/kelp powder
1.5 quarts collard/broccoli/cauliflower/carrot/cayenne
1 quart pineapple
3 quarts water

No comments:

Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only. The author is not a medical doctor or trained nutritionist and is not responsible for any consequences regarding your use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with your medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle regarding your health.