Saturday, January 5, 2008

Day 36 of Juice Feast



photo by filmgoerjuan

WHAT I CONSUMED TODAY:
1 quart lemon water with MSM
1.5 quarts collard/cilantro/celery/carrot/onion
2 quarts pineapple
10 oz coconut water with liquid chlorophyll
3 quarts water

Do you ever have those days where nothing is wrong or nothing in particular bad has happened but you just feel off? Or blah?

That's it. I have felt blah for the last few days. I've tried exercise, an extra meditation session and I can't get over it.

But then it dawned on me.

At times we want to blame, to fix, to figure out to whatever, to make us feel better. Instead of just living life.

Believe it or not, this isn't the first time I have felt crummy and it most certainly won't be the last. There's nothing to mend.

Maybe those type of days aren't something to repair (or get over) but something to embrace.

If I think of life in terms of riding the waves or a roller coaster (what does up must come down), it will be a bit easier to deal.

READERS QUESTIONS:
I was planning to start Juice Feast, but I see that you add hemp oil into your green juices. I live in Israel and I can't find any hemp oil here.What could I use instead, olive oil? coconut butter? - Yaelian

Yaelian,
I wish you the best on your juice feast. Is flax oil available to you? It would be a better replacement. You can use coconut butter on the juice feast.

I'm considering a juice feast as well, but am concerned about my level of activity. I know people say your energy sky rockets, but I am just starting training for a triathlon (half ironman) so I'm not sure if now is a good time. The race isn't until July so it's all basework right now, but I'm in the gym six days a week... thoughts? Thanks for any feedback. (oh, vegan for a year and raw for three months) -Thanks! Laura

Laura,
Wow! You go girl, an ironman is some serious stuff there. You are truly rawsome! As far as doing a juice feast during your training, my first instinct would be no, don't do it.

Yes, on a juice feast you will possess some pretty wicked energy but your body will be doing some major detoxing as well and I imagine your training schedule is something pretty fierce.
The combination could put a strain on your body.

In my opinion and from what I have read about juice feasting, it is a time for healing.

I'm not savvy on everything Juice Feasting, this is strictly my opinion on the matter. I would advice you to contact the good folks at JuiceFeasting.com. They are definitely the experts.

Peace and Love,
Terilynn

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the response Terilynn. I am thinking about maybe doing it for the rest of Jan and beginning of Feb.. at worst I can just back off I guess and add some food in there... right? I'm feeling drawn to it, but have committed to the race already. :) My colon needs a break! ha :)

David Gilbert said...

Is the Hubby feasting Yet? How is he doing?

Raw Love
Melissa

Terilynn said...

Melissa,

My husband feasted on Wednesday-Friday and he started eating raw on Saturday. But his eating habits could be considered questionable.

I read that you hippie is feasting with you. That's great!

Laura,
You are very welcome. Let me know how it goes.

Peace and love,
Terilynn

Anonymous said...

Yes, flax oil is available here so I will use that then,thanks. And thanks for sharing your juice feast experience :)

Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only. The author is not a medical doctor or trained nutritionist and is not responsible for any consequences regarding your use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with your medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle regarding your health.