Monday, February 4, 2008

Being Aware on Day 66 of My Juice Feast

photo by Leo Reynolds
Secretly, I have been pushing this topic away. I haven't wanted to think about it. I still had time. I had all the time in the world. But alas, my time is running out.

I fear this might be the reason why I want to extend the feast. Because I'm afraid to deal with the issue of eating. Life is very simple now. Drink your green juice and move on with your day. As much as I love preparing raw foods on a daily basis (which I am not doing) I would rather consume juice for the rest of my life just to keep life simple.

I am discovering more and more the reason behind my emotion troubles on this juice feast. It is giving me the opportunity to stop running away from what is bugging me and face my conflicts head on. I can no longer run and hide from this issue. I am aware now.

I have 26 more days of this juice feast and I have to start thinking about how am I going to eat.

What!?! You're not going to eat 100% raw foods? I don't know. I honestly don't know.

photo by dina 11
I do know that I don't want to poison my system with animal proteins. But I don't know about cooked vegan foods. I know that on a daily basis my life will include only fresh fruits and vegetables and juices, especially juices. I've got to have my juices. Not too many nuts and seeds and maybe some cooked grains, once in a blue moon.

I would love to follow suit with Melissa and Jinjee but I'm not sure how realistic a 100% raw diet is for my family at this time.

The plan in the back of my mind is to get the family off animal proteins (except honey) and refined sugars. I have informed them that when I do start eating solids again those two items will no longer be welcomed in my house.

I can say how I choose to eat will be thought out, I will no longer eat at random based on emotions or without being aware of what is going into my body. I am very aware of the foods (in this case juices) with my body needs. This is a gift the juice feast has presented me and if that is all I got out of it, than I appreciate it.

I have lost a lot of weight. I don't know the pounds (yet) but I do know that I wore a XL in my favorite NY & Company pants before feasting; I bought a size medium (on Saturday) and they were too big.

I know I will gain weight back, that makes sense. I gained weight over a period of 8 years (through 3 pregnancies) and I took that weight off in 92 days, but of course, I don't want to gain all of it back, that would kind of piss me off.

I have a bit of an investment in what I do with the body now. I'm going to take my time, be mindful and be aware of the things I put into my body.

photo by Photo.Nokia
Do you get the Raw Food World Newsletter?
Matt Monarch discusses how weight gain happens after a 92-day juice feasting even on a 100% raw diet. Fortunately, I believe in everything he has to say. It makes sense to me.

It makes sense to everyone eating raw or not.

The energy you receive compared to the energy you spend. I plan to take in only the energy (food) my body tells me to thrive and burn (exercise) the energy.

Like never before I am aware of that.
WHAT I CONSUMED TODAY:
1 quart lemon water with MSM
2 quarts kale/celery/carrot/tomato/onion/jalapeno/garlic
2 quarts orange/grapefruit/MSM/Alfafa
2 quarts water

2 comments:

Hanlie said...

Hi Terrilyn

Great post! I'm on day 4 of my juice feast and have just signed up for Matt Monarch's newsletter. I was just wondering though whether you would be so kind as to forward the one that deals with weight gain after a juice feast to me. I'd be most grateful.

teamblewett (at) mweb (dot) co (dot) za

I also don't think that I'll be 100% raw afterwards. I'm thinking about 80%!

Michelle said...

I can completely understand where you are coming from with this post. I am on day 8 of my juice feast and one of the reasons I wanted to embark on it is to deal with my food issues so I am grateful to have your experiences to learn from. I also would appreciate the newsletter from Matt with the information about the juice feast.

mmmichelle2006 (at)yahoo (dot) com

Thank you so much.

Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only. The author is not a medical doctor or trained nutritionist and is not responsible for any consequences regarding your use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with your medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle regarding your health.