Monday, November 26, 2007

Taking the Plunge...again

photo by MSM
The countdown has begun. Six days until I begin another juice feast. I'm a bit nervous, somewhat apprehensive and very excited.

I've purchased a couple of the supplements and superfoods for the feast.

Last time around I chose MSM and bee pollen capsules to consume on the feast.

This time I got MSM powder and bee pollen granuales at my local Vitamin Cottage.

photo by Evolution Health
MSM or methyl sulfonyl methane, is a sulphur compound that occurs naturally in our bodies and in our most. Sulfur is the fourth largest mineral found in the human body. It is found in every cell of our body. Enough of the science lesson, this stuff is great for your nails, hair and skin.
For the juice feast I will take 1 tablespoon with a glass of lemon water working my way up to 3 tablespoons per day.
photo by Local Harvest
Bee Pollen...
contains essential amino acids and is a complete protein.
contains vitamins A, B Complex series C, D, E, K and Rutin.
has 28 Minerals needed for good health.
has enzymes and Co-Enzymes necessary for good digestion.
has no cholesterol

information provided by Pollen Power

Juicefeasting.com recommends no more than 1 tablespoon of the granules per day. Works for me.

The best advice I can give when it comes to bee pollen is to buy local. Also, taste a granule or two to test for allergies.

Later, I'll provide a complete list of the supplements and superfoods that I will use on my feast.

No comments:

Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only. The author is not a medical doctor or trained nutritionist and is not responsible for any consequences regarding your use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with your medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle regarding your health.