Monday, December 3, 2007

Dish Water Philosophy #1


photo by deatonstreet

I love washing dishes. It's one of the few household chores that I enjoy. It is also one of the few things that is a routine in my life. No matter what dishes are in the sink, I wash them the same way every day.


Step 1: Remove the dishes from the sink, stack on the side.

Step 2: Fill the sink with VERY hot soapy water.

Step 3: Put on favorite yellow gloves.

Step 4: Place glasses and silverware in hot, soapy water.

Step 5: Place washed dishes in extra sink. Once all the glasses and silverware are washed, I rinse and place in one of the two dish racks I have.

Step 6: Wash plates, cups, pots, pans, etc.


Pretty basic, right?

No, this isn't a tutorial on how to wash dishes.

I have it down to a science it would seem though. I have it down so I don't have to think about it.

It leaves my mind free to dream, wander, scream, vent and whatever else my mind wants to do. I think about anything and everything else, except doing dishes.

Washing dishes is the only time I am left alone to my own devices. My family, thank goodness, doesn't know this. They see me doing a chore and they leave me to it. It is my escape, to my writings, thoughts, prayers, ideas, without interruption.

I would like to share some of the wisdom I have pondered while washing the dishes.



photo by spoilledrottenbrat

Dish Water Philosophy #1

Expectations- It's not fair to fault others for not exceeding them when you can't meet your own.

No comments:

Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only. The author is not a medical doctor or trained nutritionist and is not responsible for any consequences regarding your use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with your medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle regarding your health.