Thursday, January 3, 2008

Day 34 of Juice Feast and Feeling Like Crap

photo by mrlego54

It's almost 5 a.m. and my two youngest children have kicked me out of my own bed so I blog. I can't entirely blame them. I was tossing and turning in bed long before their invasion.

With this juice feast I have noticed that I am more in tune with my body. If I have an aliment I know the source. (More on that in a minute)

My energy level is extremely HIGH, freakishly so. I run now. I have never ran in my life. I have never enjoyed it, I never had the lung power. NEVER and now I can run on the treadmill without fail every day. Bizarre.

My senses are also heightened. Particularly my sense of smell. That wasn't a big surprise. Years ago, when I was pregnant, I entered an office and I could smell tuna. Upon investigation, the sandwich was in someone's office across the room, inside a lunch bag, inside a desk.

During this feast, my sense of smell is so acute, I can smell my daughter's poop before it hits the diaper.

Speaking of poop. I feel like crap. And my insightful mind/body tells me I have a problem with elimination.

It hasn't happen for a few days and my body is pissed about it. My head hurts, my belly feels heavy and I'm tossing and turning in bed blaming my kids for my insomnia.

My elimination of choice is the Big E. Yes, folks that would be an enema. Weird as it may sound, I actually enjoy enemas. With 7 people in the house now, it has been the only way for me to keep my meditation practice up. Okay, I realize that might have been too much information. Sorry.

I have been alternating enemas with bentonite clay, psyllium husk massive amounts of water and the program (for me) isn't working.

For the last ten days my mother has been in town and doing enemas on a daily basis just isn't possible. My thinking had been the clay and husk would be a good alternative. But the elimination isn't happening as often as my body would like. I need something more regular to become more regular (?).

I'm sure, once mom leaves (today) life will go back to normal and the enema, clay and husks will co-exist well together. But for now, I feel like sh**.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you suppose to eliminate everyday when juice feasting? Doesn't that eventually stop? I haven't heard anyone say a lot about it.

Just Curious :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Terilynn,

I was just wondering last night if anyone on a juice feast had crappy days or even if they admitted it.

You are such an inspiration for me and I have just started reading your blog. I am going to continue reading it! Thank you.

Hugs,
Melissa

Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only. The author is not a medical doctor or trained nutritionist and is not responsible for any consequences regarding your use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with your medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle regarding your health.