Wednesday, February 20, 2008

All Good Things Must Come to An End on Day 82

Before I continue with this post I want to thank you all for reading Inspiration:Life. I want to thank you for offering your support to a goofy lady from Denver who has gone on a journey of a lifetime. Thank you!


Having said that, with much thought and consideration I have decided to. . .shave. Yes, my childhood Madonna fantasy is over. I no longer need to grow my underarm and leg hair to recapture the 80s. And I've got that photo shoot coming up for my husband's b-day and you don't want hairy. . .

What? Did I say something. . . You didn't?. . . you couldn't have?


Did you think I was going somewhere else with that little soliloquy?


I'm sorry if I had a "cry wolf" moment, but I did worn you yesterday I had a flare for the dramatics.

Today's lesson of the day is motivation. What was my motivation for leading you a bit astray?


A bit of background on me, I got my degree in Film with writing/directing emphasis. Now, how good would that passage above be if I were to say that I'm going to shave my legs and underarms today? Boring.


It is my job (and every blog's job) to keep you entertained or else you wouldn't visit. Right? Sure on a daily basis I don't purposely mislead you but I enjoy being a good storyteller. You are my motivation. Keeping you entertained so you will visit me and hang for a hot minute.

I am always curious to know people's motivation. Why someone does or says something particularly out of the norm?

This weekend an acquaintance called me and said she wanted to check in on me to see if I was still starving myself. She was afraid that I had fainted and left the children motherless. Strange.

For a split second I wanted to go off and "school" her in the ways of juice feasting yet AGAIN but then I thought she doesn't know what it's like.


There is no possible way she could. At that moment, drinking a gallon of fresh juices daily wouldn't interest her in the least and so she wouldn't understand the joy (and health) it has brought me. Not saying that juice feasting brings every one this bliss but at least those who realize it wasn't for them had the courage to venture on the journey instead of talking out their a**.


Yet, I still wondered what was her motivation.


Let's move on to a bit of housekeeping.


I haven't discussed my BM really at all. I guess those sorts of things I don't really think about but they possibly could be of interests to someone. Anyhoo, I'm still pooping solids after 82 days and I have a colonics appointment coming up next month so I'm curious to see what more could exit my body. I'll let you know how that goes.



In the next few days (or not) I will go over my the to-do list I had at the beginning of this juice feasting journey to see what I have accomplished (other than juice feasting, not too much) in these past three months.



photo by yeahferris
On Today's Menu for Terilynn's Juice Feast
1 quart lemon water with MSM
3 quarts spinach/zucchini/cucumber/garlic/hemp oil
2 quarts grapefruit/orange
2 quarts water


My throat is still sore so I'm going to see if the garlic doesn't help a bit.

2 comments:

Ben Kaelan said...

My mom has been driving me nuts with the whole 'starving yourself' thing. I keep lying to her and telling her I eat raw foods at night but I have a feeling she knows it's all juice. She keeps wanting for me to go see a REAL doctor (because my chiro, colonics nurse and RMT are not "REAL" medical professionals). She drives me crazy this woman! :) I guess there's nothing else to do but wait it out until day 92 and show her just what juice feasting has done for me (hopefully, fully heal my psoriasis).

We should develop a "So your friend or relative is juice feasting" support book or something. Hahahhaa! :)

Hang in there :) Hugs!

- Ben

Terilynn said...

Ben,

I feel for you. At least the person who made the comment to me is in and out of my life. Your mom though. She has much love for you and she's concerned. But she will understand when you are finished.

Peace and Love,
Terilyn

Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only. The author is not a medical doctor or trained nutritionist and is not responsible for any consequences regarding your use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with your medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle regarding your health.