Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Falling Stars, to-do list and the start of a Feast


photo by spellcheck

“I am like a falling star who has finally found her place next to another in a lovely constellation, where we will sparkle in the heavens forever.” - Amy Tan, writer

Today on my morning walk in the park I say a falling star. It's been awhile since I had seen one and I thought it was important enough to write about. It didn't hold a special spiritual meaning to me. It was just one of those things that happens once in a blue moon.

I have always wanted to create a list of things to do before you die. But it seems so morbid to me. I know I'm going to die but who really wants to think about such things, especially having children.
You hope to be there for them for a very, very long time. And besides, I don't have the patience to wait a hundred years to get things done.

I decided on a compromise. I will make the "to-do" list that I have dreamed about but I will try to complete the list before my feast ends.

This (for me) accomplishes two things.

1. I'm doing something that I have always wanted in a shorter period of time.
AND
2. If I'm concentrating on the list and not necessarily the feast, I could be less obsessive over the fact that I'm not eating solids for 92 days.

So here is my "to-do" list of things I wish to accomplish during my feast. The guidelines are pretty flexible. I can add or delete as I see fit, it is my list, after all.
1. Start my 92-day Juice Feast on Dec. 1, 2007

2. Don't shave my body hair for 92 days. - As a kid I remember reading once that Madonna didn't save her armpits for a period of time and I was fascinated by that. Weird, but it stuck with me so I'm going to try it.

3. Send a message in a bottle.

4. Learn to play the harmonica.

5. Write my will. - This is one of those things you don't want to think about but it's a step that's very important for the future of my children. For me, this feast is about concurring fears and doing things that don't feel comfortable but are necessary to be an adult in my eyes. Now is the time to take that responsibility.

6. Learn to juggle with 3 balls.

7. Spend three months getting my body into optimum health.

8. Grow and maintain a kitchen garden.

9. Be a tourist in my own town. - Something I've always wanted to do but never took the time.

10. Learn my directions. - Everyone in Colorado talks North, South, East, West when it comes to giving out directions. I've lived here for decades and I'll still ask left or right. I know the mountains are in the West and the opposite direction is East but that is as far as my knowledge goes.

11. Take a self-defense class.

12. Study my runes. Something I have neglected.

13. Do 100 push ups in a row.

14. Take a tasteful, sexy picture for my husband.
15. Attend a film festival party.


photo by kirkshoe
16. Participate in an inipi ceremony. - I've wanted to do this for about three years, I think this will be a good time to explore that.

17. Have a colonic done. - Fun times to be had with this one, right?

18. Read all the raw cookbooks I own cover-t0-cover. -Approximately 30 books.

19. Visit a real haunted house.

20. Visit a castle.

21. Get pampered at a day spa.
22. Get a Vitamix. -It's about time that I owned one of these bad boys.

23. Video tape my juice feasting experience.

photo by moonpix7
24. Weigh myself only twice; the beginning and the end.

25. Meditate daily.

26. Write to a celebrity and tell them about the phenomenal powers of raw food and juice feasting.

27. Send a secret to Post Secret. I love that blog!

28. Watch the Secret.

29. Read 10 books that others find inspirational.

photo by marcoxavier01
30. Join a book club. I love to read!


31. Volunteer more.


That should keep me busy for awhile. If more ideas pop in my mind, I'll add them.

No comments:

Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only. The author is not a medical doctor or trained nutritionist and is not responsible for any consequences regarding your use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with your medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle regarding your health.