Thursday, March 6, 2008

Reader's Juice Feasting Question

Here is a reader's question I would like to address.

" I am desperate to juicefeast but feel terrified of putting all the weight back on afterwards and making myself very ill as my body will be much more sensitive etc etc ---- You sound as though you are very strong with all that ----would you say take the risk, its worth it? I'm worried abot the impact it'll have on my kids and also desparate to change my health and future."

After I read this, my first thought was 'take weight out of the equation.'

I would be lying if I would say gaining weight isn't a concern for me. I will gain weight back, that's a given. Will I gain it ALL back? Only if I start a diet of huge amounts sugar crack, fleshy animal carcass and intoxicating spirits. I don't see that happening in the future so I think I'm good as gold in the weight department and the fact that I personally have made the decision not to ever weigh myself again. So when I gain some of the weight back (and I will), I will live in the bliss of not knowing how much.

Please don't get caught up in the trap of "How Much Do I Weigh?" I don't know about you but knowing that number opens up a whole world of trouble.

Imagine this: You are looking slim, feeling alive and vibrant and you get on the scale and it tells you a number you don't think is good enough. In your mind it's too high.

You feel deflated. You wonder what happen, why aren't a smaller number?

Having said that, after you embark on a 3 months juice feast your perspective on food could slightly change. I'm not running out to eat a cheeseburger. Yuk!

I feel I have a different attitude when it comes to food. True, I've only ate prunes and fruit but for the first time in life, I've noticed I actually taken the time to chew and savor the flavor of the food.

I wasn't mindlessly reading, or watching TV or playing on the computer. I paid attention to the food and nothing else. It made it more enjoyable.

Food is not something you continue to eat (a huge quantity of) until your belly feels tight and you have to lay down on the couch and take a nap.

Food is fuel and it can be fun and you don't have to over indulge. There's no reason to rush through the process of eating or to eat a massive amount.

Whatever I eat, whether it be raw or cooked, it shall be savored and cherished and eaten with thought and care. That is the main lesson juice feasting has taught me.

I don't know if I'm sensitive to certain foods because of a cleaner digestive system, it's too soon to tell. I do have gas though. More about that when I talk about the colonics.

I do have the need to exercise more. It feels like my body wants to use the energy I just provided it. I don't know if it's all in my head or what.

I don't understand what you are referring to when you talk about " the impact it'll have on my kids" I will ask my children if my juice feasting had a major impact on them. I don't know if it did or didn't.

Maybe it had a bit of impact, my 14-year-old step-son wants to juice feast because he says he wants more energy to play sports.

I guess I bounce off the walls now and he takes notice. But that's all good, I told him to eat more raw first and wait until he's 18 (or older) to juice feast.

If you take anything from this personal message to you dear, lovely reader is. Juice Feasting is an incredible journey (for how ever long you choose) and the outcome shouldn't be if I can maintain a particular weight or size jean.

It should be "How can I FEEL this ALIVE always."

Peace and Love,

Terilynn

1 comment:

Poppy said...

Congratulations (belatedly) on completing your amazing feast - I have loved reading your posts. I know what you mean about fruit being boring. All I crave is a big bowl of greens, seaweed and olives and fruit just does not suffice!! Well, I must be patient - two more days!!Thank you for sharing all this. Love, Poppy

Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only. The author is not a medical doctor or trained nutritionist and is not responsible for any consequences regarding your use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with your medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle regarding your health.