Thursday, April 17, 2008

Workouts for Weeks 5-6

photo by Mrflip
The next few weeks are all about unilateral training and increasing the cardio. You might notice that I'm training most of the body parts once but with a bit more intensity (and weight).

I only have an hour in the gym in the mornings and I am experimenting with 30 minutes of weight training and the remaining 30 minutes of cardio, plus I will add an additional 45 minute cardio session in the evening.

My left arm is much stronger than my right. It's the side where I carry my 1 year-old the most so that makes sense.

In the next two weeks, I'll work the right side of the body a bit harder to increase its strength.

On cardio and Abs days I will also two 45-60 minute cardio sessions.

Week 5
Monday/Friday - Upper Body; Wednesday - Lower Body
Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday - Cardio and Abs

Week 6
Monday/Friday - Lower Body; Wednesday - Upper Body
Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday - Cardio and Abs

Upper Body
Chest
Incline DB Flyes: 15reps; 12reps; 10reps; 8reps; To Failure

Back
Two-Arm DB Rows: 15; 12; 10; 8; To Failure

Shoulders
Alternating DB Press: 15; 12; 10; 8; To Failure

Biceps
Alternating Hammer Curls: 15; 12; 10; 8; To Failure

Triceps:
Alternating Lying DB Extension: 15; 12; 10; 8; To Failure

Lower Body
Hamstrings
Unilateral Lying Leg Curl: 15; 12; 10; 8; To Failure

Quads
Unilateral Leg Extension: 15; 12; 10; 8; To Failure
Unilateral Leg Press: 15; 12; 10; 8; To Failure

Calf:
Unilateral Seated Calf Raises: 15; 12; 10; 8; To Failure


Did you know this summer Madonna will turn 50? That's a woman who knows how to take care of her body. Love her or Hate her, she is definitely a inspiration.

Mad Libs also turns 50 also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can stay is I wish I was as dedicated in the exercise department as you seem to be. I think tonight I'll make up a plan like yours.

Thanks for sharing this.

Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only. The author is not a medical doctor or trained nutritionist and is not responsible for any consequences regarding your use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with your medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle regarding your health.