Tuesday, December 18, 2007

How much is this going to cost?


photo by mag3737


A big concern for my husband and myself was how much is this feast going to cost.

In May (the month of my previous feast) it wasn't a big issue because the family was eating more fresh fruits and veggies, now that the family dynamics have changed, it created discussions.

We worked out a juice feasting and family grocery budget that we were both comfortable with and based on those budgets I know what I can spend.

This total below includes trips to the juice bar, produce and supplements.
photo by jot.de

The produce is the most fun to buy. The store I'm purchasing at now posts its sales ad online so I shop before I head into the store. It helps with my budget and I get a bit of variety into the juices. Alot of what I buy is also communal. The family is welcome to eat the fruits and vegetables I buy and I still have plenty to juice.

The supplements have been the pricier items. I am using about 2-3 tablespoons of MSM powder daily and it is about $5-$10 per week. The royal jelly and wheatgrass powder ain't cheap and I go through those like it's nothing.

I have given up on the bee pollen. Once I reached 8 granules the itchiness came back and I got sick to my stomach. And vomiting where I draw that line, but hey that's just me. I have issues.

Dec. 7-Dec. 17 Juice feasting bill: $96.14
Total Juice Feasting bill: $164.77

If my math is correct that's about $9 per day. I believe it is a shade under what JuiceFeasting.com says the cost of a feast could be. Not too bad.

Also I have added Day 18 photo to the Juice Feasting photo gallery. Check it out.

WHAT I CONSUMED TODAY:
1 quart lime water with MSM
2 quarts spinach/celery/carrot/sweet potato
1 quart pineapple/grapefruit
12 oz coconut water with liquid chlorophyll
2 quarts water

No comments:

Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only. The author is not a medical doctor or trained nutritionist and is not responsible for any consequences regarding your use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with your medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle regarding your health.