Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Day 5 and the newest family member


photo by always13

I'm five days into the feast and I'm already changing my "to-do" list.
Number 18 was reading my raw cookbooks. It's not as important any more. I have plenty of time to do that after the feast. I really don't want to look at delicious raw food right now. What was I thinking?

So, I thought it would be fun to go through my 15 or so juice books and follow the recipes and comment on those. I have my favorites that I will be my staples (spinach juices, anyone?) but I'm going to branch out a bit and try new combinations.

I think that sticking closer to green juices and staying away from the fruit juices is helping me tremendously during this feast. I feel really calm and centered.

The times you might notice I do have a fruit juice is when I needed a bit of a sugar rush or if I know I'm going to be working out within the hour or so and I'm going to burn the sugar.

I'm defiantly thinking more about what I consume, why I consume it and how it will work for me. That's a change for me.


photo by becktress
WHAT I CONSUMED TODAY:
1 quart lime water with MSM
1 quart spinach/apple/celery/ginger
1 quart parsley/cucumber/tomato/shallot/garlic/kelp powder/hemp oil
1 quart parsley/celery/tomato/shallot/garlic/kelp powder
10 oz coconut water with liquid chlorophyll
16 oz Kombucha tea (home brew with decaf tea)

This post has been happily interrupted by the introduction of our newest unnamed family member.

Fair warning: Don't let your husband and son go off "looking" at puppies.

They won't come home empty-handed.

3 comments:

Keely said...

Your new "sprout" is really cute! Keep us posted on his name and such, such a sweetheart!!!

Terilynn said...

He is a cutie, isn't he? We're tossing around names but nothing has stuck yet. I'll definately keep you posted.

Indie said...

What a beautiful puppy! We just got another puppy as well, on 1 December. His name was Brian for a few days, but now it's Chester! ;o)

Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only. The author is not a medical doctor or trained nutritionist and is not responsible for any consequences regarding your use or intended use of any information provided on this site. Always check with your medical professional or trained nutritionist before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle regarding your health.